Wednesday, January 13, 2010

LinkedIn - A Professional Online Comunity


Before I went to sleep, I realized that there is a symbol of blue square with word 'in' embedded inside in my Yoono sidebar.

Upon clicking, it redirect me to www.linkedin.com, and I found that at first this might be the same online community website such as Friendster, Facebook, MySpace & such...but actually, it's more than ordinary online community website - it's an online community website for professionals such as scholars, consultant & etc! (& this include students!)

So I do hope that someday I would join LinkedIn and expand my links with others since I found that several lecturers that I've known either from UTP or UiTM are in there. I heard from my colleagues that they even can connect with each other around the world for conferences & discuss certain topics online!

I wonder whether a Jr. Lecturer like me - a SMALL me - can even discuss any SCOPUS level topic in there since everyone there is all well known in their relative field! *gasp*

Might take 2-3 years later from now to enter that online community since I don't have any idea what kind of research I would like to involve in future...yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment